About the Project
- General Editor : Paul D. Barclay (website) , Associate Professor of History, Lafayette College
Responsible for acquisitions, metadata design, coordination, research, and cross-referencing
- Project Developer : Eric Luhrs (contact), Head of Digital Scholarship Services , Lafayette College
Responsible for digitization, technical design, and project management
- Kishi Toshihiko, Professor of History, Center for Integrated Area Studies, Kyoto University.
- Sepp Linhart, Professor Emeritus, Department of East Asian Studies, University oif Vienna.
- Seo-Hyun Park, Assistant Professor of Government and Law, Lafayette College.
- Katz, Paul R. Research Fellow, Academia Sinica, Nankang, Taiwan.
- Tan, Ui-ti. Doctoral Candidate, New York University.
- Wang, Ying-fen. Associate Professor & Head of Graduate Institute of Musicology, National Taiwan University.
- Grevot, Nicolas. Curator, Yang-Grevot Collection, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Jonathan Dever, Class of 2013 (Research, Digitization, Metadata)
- Keith Faust, Library Assistant (Digitization Assistance)
- Li Guo, Class of 2015 (Research, Metadata, Chinese-Language input)
- Long Ho, Class of 2010 (Programming)
- Kyeun Hyeunkoo, Waseda University-Lafayette Exchange Student (Japanese-Language input, Translation, Research)
- Naoko Ikegami, Japanese Language Instructor (Japanese-Language Consultant and Text Input)
- Paul Miller, (Color Correction, Photography, Reproduction, All-around Lifesaver)
- Pam Murray, Project Archivist (Research Assistance)
- Emanuel Santa-Donato, Class of 2010 (Translation, Research, Japanese-Language Input, Digitization Assistance)
- Diane Shaw, Special Collections Librarian & College Archivists (Acquisition, Preservation)
- Ashutosh Tamrakar, Class of 2012 (Color Correction, Research Assistance)
- Anne Warner (Research)
- Elizabeth Warner (Research)
- Lijuan Xu (Research, Chinese-Language Advisor)
- Haruki Yamaguchi, Class of 2011 (Programming)
- Anne and Elizabeth Warner, Donors of Gerald and Rella Warner negatives and slides.
- Richard Mammana, Donor of Russo-Japanese War stereo view slides and postcards from Japanese homefront
- Michael Lewis, Generous Loan of Postcards in Michael Lewis Collection
- Dallas Finn, Donor of Gerald Warner's postcards and photographs
- John Shufelt and Lin Shuchin, Generous Loan of Postcards in Lin Chia-feng Family Postcards
- Andrew Woodsworth, Generous Loan of Postcards in Woodsworth Collection
- Dr. Michio Suzuki, Contributions of Family History in 1930s Taiwan
- Daniel Doyle, Donor of Pacific War Postcards
Photographs, postcards, negatives, and slides were scanned as high resolution TIFs (at least 4000 pixels across the long edge). Photographs and Postcards were captured using SilverFast AI 6 software and an Epson 4990 scanner, negatives with SilverFast AI 6.5 and an Epson v700 scanner, and slides with a Nikon 5000D slide scanner. No descreening or post-scan sharpening processes were used. Master images were converted to JPEG2000 for online display, and to JPEG for download.
The digital images are hosted on Lafayette College's local CONTENTdm server. The CONTENTdm software is what allows images to be searched, browsed, zoomed, panned, cropped, compared, and added to temporary collections.
Metadata was created in Dublin Core format using MetaDB, a web-based metadata creation tool developed at Lafayette College. MetaDB allows digitization projects to be decentralized so that many people can work concurrently on individual parts of a project, then assembled into whole collections, and exported directly to an asset management system.